The bathroom is a room with high humidity. Many tiles cannot be used for a long time in a humid environment and some tiles are very unsuitable for bathrooms. Before laying tiles in the bathroom, you need to have the right knowledge of the type of tiles that will suit your purpose.
Porous tiles such as clay and slate are not suitable for areas with high humidity, such as bathrooms. However, some manufacturers produce moisture-resistant terracotta and slate that have been specially treated to withstand extreme humidity. They are less susceptible to moisture-induced corrosion and you will need to make an extra effort to find and purchase these special types of terracotta and slate tiles. The best tiles in the bathroom are moisture-resistant and non-slip tiles. However, you must use sealant on the joint line. In addition, stains on the tiles can also be easily removed.
In addition to ceramic tiles, stone tiles such as granite and marble are also widely used. Keep in mind that regular marble or granite stone can be very slippery, so you should try to buy tiles that are made for use in the bathroom. There are anti-slip variants with moisture-resistant properties, which are very suitable for bathroom tiles.
What are the little things to consider before laying tiles in the bathroom?
• Try to imagine and conceptualize the type of bathroom layout you want. If you want a spa-like feature, then you can buy beautiful and exotic tiles and accessories in online or offline markets.
• Then you need to budget again for the project. If you have a large bathroom, you will need more tiles to cover the floor space. On the other hand, if you have a small bathroom, your costs can be significantly reduced. The price also depends on the quality and brand of the tiles you choose.
• Once you’ve selected a specific type of tile for your bathroom and set up a budget for the project, it’s time to choose a company that will award you your bathroom tile contract. This is a very important decision. If the tiles are installed incorrectly, they will never last long, so only experienced professionals and companies should handle the project. In short, you may need to do a lot of homework before awarding the project to the company.
• If your bathroom prefers granite over ceramic, choose black granite tiles. The black variant of granite is not porous. As a result, the risk of damage from moisture is very low.
• Never buy polished bathroom tiles, they are slippery and can cause accidents. Polished matte tiles can be used in bathrooms. They are waterproof and non-slip tiles with rough surfaces.
Remember that if you are inexperienced, you should never take on the task of laying tiles. This is not an easy job, there are various technical aspects involved, it is best to hire an expert for this.
Add Pizazz to Your Bathroom With Bathroom Tile Ideas
Use tile creativity to give your bathroom vitality and create a relaxed atmosphere. Your bathroom can be one of the places in your home and it can be a haven for you to relax. You can create a soothing and relaxing environment in the bathroom through creative tile ideas. This can be achieved by carefully choosing the right tile design, color, texture, size and even shape.
It would be great to choose the right tile design that reflects your personality. You can combine the colorful and vibrant bathroom tiles to wake up in the morning and choose soft and soothing colors to help you relax in the evening. Your bathroom tile choice should be practical. Ceramic tiles are always a safe choice because they are non-slip, non-porous and most importantly, easy to clean. You can also choose to use travertine bathroom tiles as the surface maintains a consistent appearance which helps to maintain the look of the bathroom, but if you want a high wear threshold you can buy granite tiles. For elegance, you can opt for marble tiles or glass tiles.
There are two ways to use new tile ideas to bring vitality to your bathroom. You can tile the entire bathroom or just part of the tile. Whatever you choose, make sure the tile design fits your needs and the look you want to achieve. If you’ve already decided on the design, texture, and color, make sure they’re from the same batch to avoid differences in texture, size, or quality of the tiles you buy. In addition, you can order some samples before purchasing to make sure your choice is suitable for your overall design.
Design, colour, structure and size can determine your entire concept. Make sure you choose the right tiles. Where you want to use a tile also determines which tile is used. Decorative bathroom tile designs can be used for the border of the shower or bath area. For the sink backsplash, you can create a tile design that can become the centerpiece of the bathroom. The wall can also be paved with tile design, which can be integrated with the tile design of the shower and rear wall. When choosing bathroom tiles to add Pizazz to the design, it’s important to focus on the overall look of the bathroom, not a single design.
Every bathroom is different and presents different challenges when laying tiles. You can get thousands of tile ideas by searching images on the web or in countless home improvement books and magazines.
Article source: http://EzineArticles.com/6276107